Unity Mining Limited (ASX: UML) is an Australian gold explorer and producer which owns and operates the Henty Gold Mine on the West Coast of Tasmania and is involved in gold exploration in West Africa through its investment in GoldStone Resources Limited. It is also exploring the Bendigo Goldfield in Victoria.
The Henty Gold Mine was acquired in July 2009 and has produced in excess of one million ounces of gold over a 13 year period. The Henty Gold Mine is situated 10 km south of the Rosebery base metals mine, on the West Coast of Tasmania.
GoldStone is an AIM-listed West African gold exploration company with a successful and experienced management team based in South Africa that have assembled a highly prospective package of properties in West Africa.
The Company’s key asset is the Homase/Akrokerri project in the Ashanti Gold Belt in Ghana, which has a 405,600 oz gold resources, estimated in accordance with the JORC Code. Other GoldStone assets include the Manso Amenfi licence in Ghana, the Sangola licence in Senegal and two permit areas in Gabon.
The Bendigo Goldfield has the second largest historical production for a goldfield in Australia (after Kalgoorlie's Golden Mile) with an historic total production of 22 million ounces of gold from over a century of mining.
Unity Mining is investing significantly to create a sustainable production base through both continued exploration and development at its Australian gold operations, and through its investment in GoldStone Resources.
Unity Mining's aim:
The Company's goal is to be a successful mid-tier gold mining company, operating multiple mines in a responsible manner and achieving strong financial returns. Our strategy is to discover, operate and acquire quality gold assets in Australasia and West Africa to transform the company into a mid-tier gold producer. We will do this by:
- Motivating and developing our people to maximise the performance of our existing operations.
- Exploring directly and in partnership with others.
- Developing, acquiring and investing in projects where we can add value.
- Demonstrating integrity and commitment in everything we do.
Our Competitive Advantages:
- Experienced mine developers, operators and explorers
- Competent and safe operators.
- Equipped with the skills to realise the potential of our projects.
- Able to rapidly assess new business opportunities, evaluate project risks and act decisively.
We will target opportunities that are too big for small companies, and too small for large producers.
Our team members will:
- Be accountable for their actions and decisions.
- Deliver quality work.
- Be reliable and innovative.
- Value the community and environment in which we operate.